Immerse yourself in the winter wonderland that is the Johnston Canyon. From breathtaking vistas of frozen falls to the hidden gems along Bow Valley Parkway, experience a morning packed with awe-inspiring beauty and heartwarming moments.
Banff Highlights & Wildlife
Explore Banff's secret wildlife hideouts!
- Guest (Winter 23/24)
- Guest (Summer 2024)
Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife as we show you around all the famous spots and our local secret spots in and around Banff!
Authentic Rockies Experience: Traverse Banff’s less-trodden paths and unearth the Canadian Rockies’ most cherished secrets.
Wildlife Encounters: Roam through wildlife corridors and backroads where it’s common to spot bears, elk, bighorn sheep, and more in their natural habitat. We see wildlife on 95% of tours.
Dive into Banff’s Rich Past: Enjoy an intimate learning experience with engaging stories of Banff’s history in a small group setting.
Comprehensive Yet Efficient: Ideal for travellers with a tight schedule or those eager to savour Banff’s essence in a day.
- Get off the beaten track and explore some of the best kept secrets in the Canadian Rockies
- Travel along backroads & through wildlife corridors where sightings of bears, elk, bighorn sheep, coyotes, deer and more are common
- Learn all the fun facts about Banff’s rich history in a small group experience
- Perfect for those who are short on time or just want to see it all in a day!
- Intimate, small group guarantee (Max 13 guests)
- Hot drinks (hot chocolate, coffee or tea – winter only)
- High-roof passenger van transport with A/C and spare seats to maximize comfort
- Local expertise & skills: Our guides are equipped with winter driving training and photography skills to aid in immortalizing your memories
- Ice cold water refills (please BYO water bottle)
- Pick-up & drop-off at select Banff locations
- Tips for our dedicated guides (entirely optional but always appreciated)
- Alternate pick-up or drop-off points (available upon request)
A Typical Itinerary Includes:
Two Jack Lake
Mt. Norquay Viewpoint
Cave & Basin (winter only)
Plus a local secret spot or two thrown in for good measure!
Travel in comfort in our air-conditioned and spacious high-roof passenger vans. Our vehicles are fitted with premium winter tires and recovery gear to ensure your safety on the icy & snowy roads.
Weather: We embark on our adventures irrespective of rain, snow or sunshine! Only extreme weather conditions might call for a reschedule or refund.
What to wear:
Summer: We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and dressing in layers to adapt to varying weather conditions.
Winter: We recommend wearing winter boots and dressing in layers to stay warm and adapt to varying conditions.
Accessibility: The tour is designed to accommodate various fitness levels with short walks being the most physically demanding aspect. Participants can opt in or out of short walks based on their comfort.
What wildlife are we guaranteed to see?
Thanks to our small group size, vehicle agility and expert local guide knowledge, we see wildlife on 95% of our tours!
May – October (when they are not hibernating) is a great time to see a bear if you’re lucky, and during every month of the year we commonly see elk, deer, coyotes, bighorn sheep and more.
Whilst we can guarantee Banff’s highlights on this adventure, unfortunately, some days the animals of Banff put the “wild” in wildlife, meaning the only way to guarantee your favourite animal sightings is to visit Calgary Zoo.