Radventures Canada Terms & Conditions
SCHEDULED SMALL GROUP GUIDED TOURS, PRIVATE TOURS & TRANSFERS
We have a stress free 24 hours cancellation or change policy for scheduled small group tours. Just contact us via email or phone at least 24 hours prior to your booking start time to cancel or make changes without penalty.
Unfortunately, any cancellations or changes received within 24 hours of your reservation will not be rescheduled or refunded.
No shows will be charged the full amount.
Group bookings of 6 or more guests, as well as any custom or private tour or transfer bookings, have a 7-day cancellation period with a 25% lifetime deposit required to confirm the reservation. The lifetime deposit is exchangeable with family or friends.
We encourage all travellers to purchase independent travel insurance to protect them in the event that they are delayed for any reason, including any related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact us by phone or email to cancel or learn more about our cancellation policy.
– Small group (public) tours have a minimum age recommendation of 12 years of age. We welcome all ages on our private tours. Please contact Radventures prior to booking to discuss options if you are travelling with children under the age of 12.
– By participating in a tour with Radventures, you are acknowledging that you understand that we may take photos or videos for use in our promotional materials, including but not limited to social media. Please inform us if you do not wish to be photographed on your tour.
– All of our small group (public) tours have a minimum participant requirement. In the rare event that we need to cancel your tour due to it not meeting minimum numbers, you will be offered alternatives or a full refund.
MULTI-DAY TOURS, ROAD TRIPS & HOLIDAYS/VACATIONS
A 25% non-refundable, lifetime deposit is due per person at the time of booking for multi-day tours, guided road trips & holidays/vacations booked by Radventures. This is used towards securing accommodations etc, and is non-refundable to protect us from a loss due to cancellations. With our lifetime deposits you can cancel your tour 60 or more days before departure and use your deposit and any extra payments towards any of our services in the future. Cancellations within 60 days of tour start date cannot be refunded and lifetime deposits don’t apply.
Bookings made by Radventures on behalf the guest involving lift tickets, 3rd party gear rentals, flights, 3rd party vehicle rental, insurance or any other travel arrangements are subject to cancellation policies and terms & conditions set by the provider of the product or service.
Each trip has a minimum number of guests required for it to run. In the event that a trip needs to be cancelled, guests will be notified as soon as reasonably possible and be presented with options to reschedule or alter their booking. Should rescheduling not be possible, guests are entitled to a 100% refund, including their deposit in the case of a cancellation by Radventures.
Radventures reserves the right to postpone, reschedule or cancel a tour or service at any time prior to or during the tour or service, with regard to bad weather, guest safety, the experience not meeting minimum participant numbers or any other reason deemed necessary by Radventures. In the case of a postponement, rescheduling or cancellation by Radventures, guests will be offered alternative booking options or a full refund.
We strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance with trip cancellation coverage to cover other associated costs with travel in the rare event that their tour, guided road trip or holiday/vacation does not proceed as planned.
Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the land portion of the trip only or accepting an alternative trip offered.
After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances, such as snow and weather conditions, or a Force Majeure Event. In such emergency circumstances the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you. Please note that we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itineraries including but not limited to visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
The accommodations outlined in your reservation are intended to be used on all tour departures; however, if a change becomes necessary for any reason, including additional departures on the same date and/or hotel location changes, the accommodations substituted will be equivalent to those shown. Every effort is made to reserve the most like for like options. Please note that accommodation check-in/out times vary from place to place.
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance, recommendations or advice given by your trip leader or local representative in arranging optional activities (including before or after a trip) does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and the activity provider.
By booking a tour with us you acknowledge this set of terms and agree to them entirely. We recommend you have travel and trip cancellation insurance in case you need to cancel your tour or have an emergency during your time here.
Please see further applicable booking terms & conditions below in the ALL BOOKINGS section.
CAMPERVAN & VEHICLE RENTALS TERMS & CONDITIONS
If the confirmed reservation is cancelled at least 7 full days prior to the pick up date and before the remaining balance of your booking is paid, we will apply your entire reservation deposit to a Radventures Campervans gift card for future use at anytime and you will not incur a penalty.
If a confirmed reservation is cancelled within 7 full days of the pickup date, and the remaining balance has been paid in full, the reservation will be charged in full and there will be no refund issued.
Radventures Campervans reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time, prior to or during a reservation for any unforeseen circumstances. In the case that the renter was not at fault or requesting a cancellation, 100% of the reservation and any applicable fees (or pro-rata for departed bookings) will be refunded.
Please communicate with us as soon as you need to make any changes to your booking.
Bookings made of Radventures vehicles via RVezy, Outdoorsy or any other platform or agent are subject to their own cancellation policies. Please ensure you are aware of their terms & conditions before completing your booking.
– Submitting a booking request does not mean your reservation is confirmed. Once Radventures Campervans has received your booking request & confirmed availability, we then charge the 25% deposit and send you an official booking confirmation via email. We advise you not to book airline tickets or campsites until you receive a booking confirmation from us.
– 100% of the reservation, including the insurance and security deposit must be be paid prior to departure date as specified in your booking confirmation. Failure to complete payment of these will result in the renter forfeiting the booking.
– A 25% down payment of the booking total is required at the time of reservation. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. The remaining balance including any add-ons and insurance is required 7 days prior to your booking start date.
– A security deposit must be paid in advance for each rental, regardless of the duration or vehicle. The security deposit is an “pre-authorized hold” on your payment card and is automatically processed 3 days prior to your booking start date. This will be refunded in full no later than 7 days of the rental return so long as the rental is returned in the same condition it departed. Some international & American Express card holders on 7 day or longer reservations may experience duplicate “pre-authorized holds” on their statements as the “pre-authorized hold” renews itself during their rental. For further information please contact us.
– Rates are calculated per night and discounts are automatically applied at check out for long term bookings of 1 or more weeks. Nightly rates vary from season to season and where a rental crosses into another season, the rate will split to allow for the new season rate. This will be highlighted when you receive an online quote.
– All drivers must hold a valid driver’s license for the entire rental period. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Radventures vehicles. An international driver’s license, although recommended, is not sufficient on its own.
– You must be 25 years of age or older and have a valid drivers license. Only those aged 25 and over are able to access our insurance coverage. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to rent to drivers under the age of 25, even with a comprehensive insurance binder.
– Vehicles are available for in person pick-up by appointment during our business hours on the day of departure. A contactless pick-up & drop-off service is available for guests picking up or dropping off outside our business hours.
– Early check-in and late check-out is subject to availability and may incur additional costs. If you would like to arrange for early check-in or late check-out, please select the option during checkout or contact Radventures Campervans to request availability.
– Rentals must be returned by appointment at the scheduled drop-off time at our Calgary location. Please contact us as soon as you know if you may not arrive in time for the scheduled drop-off. Late returns are subject to additional fees.
– There are no partial refunds available for late pickup or early drop-off once a scheduled reservation has begun, or within 7 days of your departure date. We recommend purchasing travel insurance incase you need to start your trip later or finish your trip early.
– It is possible to extend your rental without incurring a fee beyond the cost of the additional days (subject to availability). It is also possible to shorten your rental up to 14 days before pick up. Shortening a rental will be quoted as a new rental and will be subject to availability and calculated at the rate at the time of change. Should you wish to extend your rental whilst on hire, you must first obtain authorization from Radventures. This is subject to availability. The additional days will be at the retail rate available at the time of extension. Failure to obtain authorization will result in significant late fees.
– There is a 3 day minimum rental period. There is no maximum rental period.
– Radventures Campervans reserves the right to provide you with any rental vehicle available within your selected rental category. Please note, we have a variety of different makes and models of vehicles in different colours within each category and your provided rental may not match our advertised rentals displayed on our website or any other platform advertising Radventures rentals. You may be offered the opportunity to upgrade to a different vehicle type for your reservation. There is no additional charge for upgrades offered by Radventures Campervans.
– Failure of Radventures Campervans to provide reserved add-ons/extras does not allow the cancellation terms to be null and void. Any reserved add-ons/extras are subject to the same cancellation policy as the rental vehicle.
Should you have any enquiries about our policies and terms, please contact us at [email protected]
ROAD RULES & RESTRICTIONS:
– All rentals have a generous allowance of 250km travel per night reserved across the duration of the reservation. For example, a 7 night reservation would have an allowance of 1,750km for the entire trip. Milage overages are subject to additional fees. We do not recommend travelling more than 200km per day if you want to enjoy the beauty of the Canadian Rockies.
- Smoking or vaping of any kind is prohibited in all Radventures vehicles. The entirety of the renters damage deposit will be kept to cover cleaning costs and costs of sidelining vehicles.
– Some pets may be allowed to travel with the renter upon written request and subject to a non-refundable pet fee determined at the time of applying. There is no charge for service animals with the appropriate documentation.
– All passengers must use seat belts while the vehicle is in motion.
– Drivers must obey all local traffic & driving laws.
– Driving on unpaved roads (excluding provincially maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and ‘off road’ areas is not allowed.
– The renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Radventures vehicles in these areas. Any selected insurance protection will also be null and void. The following are restricted areas:
Any section of Smith Dorrien Trail Rd (Hwy 742) between Canmore & Peter Lougheed National Park
Anywhere in Mexico, Alaska, Nunavut or NWT. (An exemption for Alaska or NWT may be given under certain circumstances)
Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding provincially maintained road).
Any off-road areas (dunes, salt plains, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.).
VEHICLE AND LIABILITY INSURANCE:
Insurance with at least $2m liability and comprehensive coverage up to the rental vehicles cash value for damages to Radventures Campervans vehicles and other property is mandatory for each reservation. Radventures, through a 3rd party provider, offers 3 varying levels of insurance coverage that is outlined during your booking process when booking directly with Radventures. Each level of insurance carries a deductible of $500 CAD that is required at a minimum, for any insurance claim on a Radventures Campervans vehicle. Signing a rental agreement with Radventures Campervans holds the renter responsible for any damages, regardless of who is at fault, caused during the rental period.
Bookings of Radventures Campervans vehicles via other platforms such as RVezy, Outdoorsy etc. carry their own insurance policies and varying levels of coverage and deductibles. Please ensure you are well aware of your insurance policy and levels of coverage when booking.
Insurance becomes null & void and makes the renter fully liable for any damage to a Radventures Campervans vehicle or third party property if:
The terms of the rental contract are breached.
If the driver does not hold an appropriate driver’s license.
Damage to the vehicle is caused by careless, willful or reckless driving.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Driving on unsealed or restricted roads or restricted areas.
Water submersion or salt water damage occurs.
For enquiries or further information regarding our terms & conditions or insurance policies, please contact us at [email protected]
STAND UP PADDLE BOARD & GEAR RENTALS
Full payment of the rental item(s) must be received alongside a security deposit (in the form of a piece of government issued photo ID OR cash to the rental items value) and a waiver/rental agreement must be read, understood and signed prior to the rental commencing.
All items must be cleaned and returned in the same condition they were rented out in, with the exception of general wear and tear. Failure to return items in a reasonable state will lead to photo ID being held and potentially passed on to local law enforcement, until reasonable payment is made to cover damages, or deductions from security deposits to cover the costs of cleaning, repairing or replacing the item.
If choosing delivery/pick-up, the renter is responsible for the rental item from the time it is delivered until the time it is picked up by Radventures. Please ensure that if you are requesting a contactless delivery/pick-up that we are given a safe and secure location for your item.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend rentals due to safety concerns or unforeseen circumstances. Full refunds will be given for rentals cancelled by Radventures prior to start date, and partial refunds will be given for rentals cancelled by Radventures during the rental, based on proportion of rental completed. It is our sole discretion how these refunds will be calculated.
Please see further applicable booking terms & conditions below in the ALL BOOKINGS section
We reserve the right to cancel or amend tours due to safety concerns, bad weather, participation numbers or any other unforeseen circumstances. Full refunds will be given for tours cancelled by Radventures prior to start date, and partial refunds will be given for tours cancelled by Radventures during the tour, based on proportion of tour completed. It is our sole discretion how these refunds will be calculated.
All tours/trips are run by a lead guide. The decision of the lead guide is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a lead guide or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the lead guide may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of the region being visited.
Radventures participates in the Restrictions Exemption Program which requires all guests, participants, guides & staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information please see our COVID-19 Safety Page.
We may require a medical questionnaire to be filled out before participating in some tours, and you will need to complete our online waiver before participating. Failure to complete the questionnaire or waiver will result in the guest being unable to join the tour.
You will be liable for any damages to any Radventures equipment, staff & public/private property.
Any costs incurred for emergency evacuations will be the responsibility of the person requiring evacuation. Your guide will decide how you will be evacuated, based on need. Your guide is well trained to make the decision for your health & wellbeing and will not prioritize avoiding evacuation costs over your personal safety.
Radventures can not be held liable for any injuries, losses or damages in any such way.
Full payment is required before participation in a tour or Radventures providing a service. Prices are in listed & quoted in Canadian Dollars, unless otherwise specified. Prices exclude GST and local taxes unless otherwise stated. Price quotations are subject to change without notice until a booking has been confirmed. Tips and gratuities to tour guides are not included, but appreciated.
Only the products and services specifically listed as inclusions are included in the booking fee. The costs of all other items not specified as included are the responsibility of the guest.
You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. While we endeavour to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary.
You acknowledge that you are choosing to travel at a time where you may be exposed to the COVID-19 virus. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your safety and may require you to follow additional safety protocols on your tour/trip. We use information from government departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However, it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information, including applicable health risks and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability in relation to these additional risks.
You acknowledge that the nature of the tour/trip may be adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You may be visiting places where the geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. Snowboarding, skiing or any adventure activity can involve certain hazards, including sudden weather changes and avalanches. All clients need to realize there is no absolute guarantee of safety. Radventures and its staff maintain the right not to run an activity if the circumstances make the activity too dangerous. Radventures and its staff will take all practical steps to minimize risk. However, Radventures and its staff accepts no liability for death, injuries or illness incurred during your trip. Nor do we accept responsibility for any service provided by any other tourist operators.
We are not responsible for damaged personal items in transit.
Photographs or videos appearing on the web site should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to itinerary. Maps shown on the web pages may not reflect the actual tour routing should the itinerary change.
All Participants agree to usage of photos and videos taken while on tours/trips with Radventures, for the sole promotion of future Radventures business. If you do not wish to have your likeness used, we require written confirmation, prior to departure on your trip.
Minimum Age: For our trips the minimum age is 18 at the time of travel. All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the guests under the age of 18’s day to day care. If a legal guardian elects to designate an escort in their lieu, they will be required to complete and sign a relevant document, to delegate their authority.
Maximum Age: For our trips we have no upper age limit though we remind you that some of our tours and trips can be physically demanding and guests should ensure that they are suitably fit to allow full participation. We can provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice prior to booking.
If you have a complaint about your tour/trip please inform your lead guide at the time so that they can attempt to rectify the matter.
After returning from your tour/trip, if you wish further inquire about any services provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Radventures (see address below). Any complaint or claim involving the tour services offered on the website must be notified to Radventures within 30 days of the tour completion, except where such time limitations are prohibited by law. As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if Radventures is not advised of such complaint quickly, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even forfeited if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause. In the event of a problem or complaint involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the tour participant, Radventures must receive the complaint while on the tour or within 30 days of tour completion.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Terms & Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
Additional terms may apply to certain trips, tours or services. Please contact us if you are unsure of what terms & conditions are applicable to you.