From the tranquility of Moraine Lake to the iconic beauty of Lake Louise, join us for a morning filled with breathtaking moments, away from the crowds.
Icefields Parkway Explorer
Touch huge glaciers and have your jaw dropped at every turn!
Join us for an epic day of exploring along the undisputed world heavyweight champion of scenic roads in Banff, AB!
Join us for a journey along the famous Icefields Parkway, the undisputed world heavyweight champion of scenic roads, where jaw-dropping scenery is punctuated by more than 100 ancient glaciers, waterfalls cascading from dramatic rock spires and turquoise lakes set in sweeping valleys.
Along the way, we’ll make stops at all the well renowned, must-see spots as well as some spots that only locals know about. There is so much to see that cramming it all into one day is tough, but we’ve got it down to a fine art and we guarantee you’ll see the best that the Icefields Parkway has to offer.
As an active, small group guided tour, your expert local guide will be on hand to provide you with all the amazing local insights you can imagine, and you’ll be able to hit the trails for some short, mellow hikes to explore the best viewpoints and scenic vistas at your own pace without the constraints of a big bus tour schedule.
Our expert local guides love sharing stories and providing all the great local insights you could desire with a laidback & freeing combination of on road guiding mixed with in-destination solo exploring, allowing you to experience the best of each stop on the tour at your own pace without the confinements of a rigid & “scheduled to the minute” big group tour.
Our mission is for you to rave about your day with us to others so much that they will have major FOMO. We’re always looking to avoid the crowds and provide our guests with the most authentic experience, so your expert local guides tailor-make the itinerary each day whilst factoring in big bus tour schedules, weather conditions and local insider info to make sure your experience on the day beats anyone else’s.
- Escape the big bus crowds and explore the Icefields Parkway’s most epic locations, plus a few of our local secret spots
- Hit the trails to explore Peyto Lake & Bow Lake and touch ancient glaciers at the Columbia Icefields
- Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife on Banff National Park’s backroads
- Perfect for those who are short on time or just want to see it all in a day!
Do you have a big Banff bucket list to tick off?
This is 1 of 3 of our signature full day tours in our Ultimate Rockies Explorer Pass that saves you $120!
- Peyto Lake
- Bow Lake
- Waterfowl Lakes
- Columbia Icefields
- Our top local secrets!
Your expert local guide tailor makes the itinerary each day factoring in recent wildlife sightings, weather conditions and avoiding popular destinations at their busiest times, so you can also expect to visit a selection of the following:
Mistaya Canyon, Weeping Wall, Big Bend, Bridal Veil Falls & Herbert Lake.
Got somewhere in particular on your Banff bucket list? Let us know!
- Van transport to & from Banff, water, expert local guiding & park entry fees
- Lunch & snacks (BYO or purchase optional packed lunch), gratuities & optional activities at destinations
- Packed picnic lunch ($19 pp Sandwich/wrap, fruit & gourmet trail mix)
- Pick-up/drop-off at alternate locations
- Want to guarantee your departure or just want our amazing guide all to yourself? Make it a private tour!
- Maximum of 12 guests, meaning no bus & a fun vibing small group guarantee!
- Minimum recommended age of 12 years old
- Any activities inc. hiking/walking are optional & guests who prefer to relax are welcome to so
- The high alpine lakes along the Icefields Parkway can remain frozen into early June
- This tour runs between mid May & end of October (early & late season are subject to increased variable weather conditions and changes to itinerary)
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants in order to run (in the event that the tour cannot run due to participant levels you will be offered an opportunity to reschedule or receive a full refund)
- Want to guarantee your departure or just want an amazing guide all to yourself? Make it a private tour!