Immerse yourself in the winter wonderland that is the Johnston Canyon. From breathtaking vistas of frozen falls to the hidden gems along Bow Valley Parkway, experience a morning packed with awe-inspiring beauty and heartwarming moments.
Yoho & Kootenay Rockies Hidden Gems
Get up close and personal with the Rockies biggest waterfall!
Feel the spray of Canadas most epic waterfalls as you explore the beauty of Yoho National Park, hidden deep in Banff, AB!
“Don’t go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to…”
Ahhhh, TLC. Great tunes, but terrible givers of advice. They clearly haven’t seen how epic our waterfalls, rivers and lakes are here in the Canadian Rockies.
We highly recommend you ignore TLC’s advice and listen to ours, which is not hesitate to join us on this handcrafted tour of the best waterfalls and local secrets hidden deep in the Canadian Rockies.
If you feel like you’ve seen & done just about everything in the big and beautiful, but busy Banff National Park, then joining us on this tour to the lesser-known but just as incredible Yoho National Park will most definitely scratch that adventure itch you’re still working away at!
Highlighted by stops at the amazing, neon blue waters of Emerald Lake, Canada’s tallest waterfall at Takkakaw Falls and one of the Rockies nearby best kept secret and hard to reach canyon hikes, this tour gives active & adventurous explorers access to our personal favourite locations to experience the epic beauty of the Canadian Rockies without the summer crowds.
Our expert local guides love sharing stories and providing all the great local insights you could desire with a laidback & freeing combination of on road guiding mixed with in-destination solo exploring, allowing you to experience the best of each stop on the tour at your own pace without the confinements of a rigid & “scheduled to the minute” big group tour. At destinations on this tour, you’ll have options to canoe, hike or just hang out and watch the world go by under a big tree, the choice is yours!
Our mission is for you to rave about your day with us to others so much that they will have major FOMO. We’re always looking to avoid the crowds and provide our guests with the most authentic experience, so your expert local guides tailor-make the itinerary each day whilst factoring in big bus tour schedules, weather conditions and local insider info to make sure your experience on the day beats anyone else’s.
- Escape the big bus crowds and explore the Canadian Rockies epic, hard-to-reach gems in Kootenay & Yoho National Parks
- Feel the spray & power of Canada’s 2nd tallest waterfall (380m tall!)
- Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife on backroads
- Get off the beaten path and experience the Canadian Rockies best kept secrets!
Do you have a big Banff bucket list to tick off?
This is 1 of 3 of our signature full day tours in our Ultimate Rockies Explorer Pass that saves you $120!
- Emerald Lake (1.5 – 2 hours)
- Marble Canyon (45 mins)
- Takkakaw Falls (1 hour)
- Spiral Tunnels (15 mins)
- Natural Bridge (15 mins)
- Van transport to & from Banff, water, expert local guiding & park entry fees.
- Lunch & snacks (BYO or purchase optional packed lunch), gratuities & optional activities at destinations
- Packed picnic lunch ($19 pp Sandwich/wrap, fruit & gourmet trail mix)
- Try canoeing on Emerald Lake
- Pick-up/drop-off at alternate locations
- Want to guarantee your departure or just want our amazing guide all to yourself? Make it a private tour!
- Maximum of 10 guests, meaning no bus & a fun vibing small group guarantee!
- Minimum recommended age of 12 years old
- Any activities inc. hiking/walking are optional & guests who prefer to relax are welcome to so
- The high alpine lakes of Lake Louise, Moraine Lake & Emerald Lake can remain frozen into early June
- This tour runs between mid May & end of October (early & late season are subject to increased variable weather conditions and changes to itinerary)
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants in order to run (in the event that the tour cannot run due to participant levels you will be offered an opportunity to reschedule or receive a full refund)
- Want to guarantee your departure or just want an amazing guide all to yourself? Make it a private tour!